Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate Job Description:
With over 90 years in the beverage industry, Try-It Distributing has become the leading beverage distributor in Western New York. We support a variety of iconic brands such as: Budweiser, Labatt, Yuengling, Flying Bison, Red Bull, and Arizona Tea. We are steadily growing and our dedicated employees are the key to this success.
We are currently looking for motivated individuals to begin/continue their career as Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associates. These positions are full time working four 10 hour days with competitive starting pay and include a comprehensive benefit package. Previous warehouse experience is preferred.
Flexibility to work all three shifts and the ability to frequently lift 50+ pounds is required for the Warehouse Associate. Delivery Driver candidates would not need to work third shift and will rarely be on second shift. All selected candidates must be able to pass a drug test, DMV/background check, and pre-employment physical.
Our motto of “Trust, Team, and Tradition” establishes a positive and cooperative work environment. If this describes you and you want to learn more about us, please send us your resume through this posting or visit our website for more information at www.tryitdist.com.
A proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Warehouse Associate receives, loads, counts, controls and otherwise handles manually or mechanically Company products in general warehouse areas.
Essential Functions for the Warehouse Associate (must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Has a general duty to act in accordance with the Company’s mission, vision and values as well as execute all plans, assignments and/or directives assigned by Company Management. The Warehouse Associate, as is the case with all Company stakeholders, is expected to represent the Company in a manner consistent with all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Employs conduct that demonstrates the high degree of value the Company places on its employees, its customers and business partners.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with all Company safety requests, productivity requests, Standards Operating Procedures and all applicable State, federal and local laws, including but not limited to OS&H, EEO, DOL laws and NYS Motor vehicle laws.
- Meets or exceeds agreed upon warehouse performance goals in the areas of:
- Occupational injury reduction
- Customer satisfaction
- Inventory/Cash/Paperwork control
- Supplier compliance
- Facility and vehicle loss, and
- Follows all Company OS&H policies and supplier methods of compliance. Must demonstrate a commitment to the safety of the Company’s employees and the general public among whom our business activities take place.
- Informs management of any business related opportunities and/or problems in the work within which the Warehouse Associate operates.
- Performs accurately and neatly all assigned administrative activities including but not limited to: invoices, receivers, loaders reports, check and cash accounting, vehicle condition reports.
- Works well with other employees to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Participates and cooperates fully in any assigned training, development and/or control activities that management may choose to assign.
- Safely and efficiently operates all assigned equipment.
- Performs to the satisfaction of management all assigned work in accordance with prescribed truck inventory checking procedure consistent with current Warehouse and Inventory Control Policy.
- Adheres to all known SOP and supplier compliance requirements.
Qualifications for the Warehouse Associate:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write the English language. Ability to communicate verbally in English.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add/subtract/multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute, rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, the Warehouse Associate must be able to learn and use assigned company hardware and/or software.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Helpful with professional development if Warehouse Associate holds a valid NYS Class A or B CDL, allowing the he/she to operate an assigned motor vehicle.
Physical Requirements for the Warehouse Associate:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move frequently up to (250) pounds at regular intervals.
Work Environment for the Warehouse Associate:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; common internal combustion fumes consistent with normal traffic situations, ambient and refrigerated warehouse air, airborne particles consistent with normal ambient and outdoor conditions, and risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions for extended periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 – $24.25 per hour
($19.00 for non-CDL-A license holders and $24.25 for CDL-A license holders)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place