The Payroll/Accounts Payable Clerk maintains and controls timekeeping information, incorporates a variety of deductions into a weekly payroll, issues pay and pay-related information to employees and accounts payable processing invoices and runs reports as requested.
The successful candidate will: (3-5 Metrics)
• Successfully complete first 30 days of training
• Train person to be identified as back up to the Payroll Processor by day 60 of employment
• Participate in companies morale building initiative and complete a successful 90 day onboarding period with their assigned Mentor
• Work with Accounting and other department members to ensure timely and accuracy of payroll processing
• Contribute and participate in the company wide morale and culture initiative
• Develop new processes for improved efficiency to payroll process
• Maintain relationship with ADP Account Manager and Etime tech team specialist.
(must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation)
• Responsible for the preparation and processing of weekly payroll for over 350 employees using ADP system; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions, sort/distribute payroll checks.
• Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. merchandising hours, statistical summary, 401k, FSA, PTO tracking, auto allowance, union and medical deduction reports, etc.).
• Handles the monitoring of electronic Etime timekeeping system. Import commission data into Etime. Monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from ADP payroll service.
• Establish/maintain payroll registers; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and compliance with federal/state/local regulations.
• Performs other accounting, financial or administrative tasks to include;
G/L related questions, vendor payment histories, print/void checks, filing, assist at switchboard, all as requested from time to time or on short notice
• Promote communication, company morale/culture and teamwork company wide
• Resolve employee issues/claims as needed
• Prepare and issue live checks on occasion
Assist with Accounts Payable including but not limited to:
• Match purchase orders and or receiving reports to invoices
• Verify quantity, price and sales tax (if any) and extensions.
• Code invoices using chart of accounts.
• Voucher all verified invoices.
• Correct and proof/post batches.
• Print Payables checks
• Associate Degree in Business Administration/Finance required, Accounting concentration preferred.
• Three plus years in a Payroll Office performing all payroll functions; Two years additional payroll office experience in lieu of Associates degree.
• Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet Explorer.
• Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
• Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high-level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
• Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
• Work over time as required and approved by Manager
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• Required to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion
• Occasional travel to outlying warehouse locations in New York.
Works in an indoor office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Try It Distributing and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer.