“Buffalocal” Activation Specialist
Buffalocal is a name that represents Try-It Distributing’s portfolio of brands made by Western New York breweries to target accounts wanting to emphasize a local brewery presence. The Buffalocal Activation Specialist will strategically leverage Buffalocal brand names to sell and service key accounts educating customer contacts on what the Buffalocal trademark means and creating an awareness of the brands represented through signs, displays, promotional materials, and by scheduling, coordinating and executing promotional and sampling events.
Essential Functions (must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
· Works with sales team to attain increased sales distribution and volume goals for the Buffalocal brands in targeted accounts – for both on and off premise.
· Creatively develops and manages innovative, executable education and promotions in key accounts.
· Plans and prepares an annual marketing plan and budget to be able to appropriate allocate time and resources dedicated towards executing events.
· Plans, coordinates, and attends night and weekend promotions and special events.
· Works with On-Premise Director to schedule and utilize CMT members to attend and execute events.
· Accurately track distribution gains and losses and promotional activity in targeted accounts through a weekly written recap report.
· Proactively seeks new and relevant opportunities to promote awareness of Buffalocal and the brands represented.
· Proficient at utilizing social media for networking and promoting products.
· Assists in developing On-Premise and Off-Premise monthly goals.
· Maintains an excellent working relationship and regular call frequency with key retailers, both on and off premise, including local chains.
· Effectively communicates field related information to Representatives, TID Key Account Manager and Director of Sales Operations.
· Assists with miscellaneous projects as required.
· Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years of experience in product sales, building long-term relationships in a restaurant/bar establishments, planning and executing promotional events, monitoring and measuring progress towards sales goals, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Expectation is that beer knowledge will be at a level that enables individual to sell and promote craft beer.
· Proven experience in developing and executing promotional events that are creative, innovative and effective at growing sales.
· Computer Skills: to perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Power Point software, and the ability to utilize social media for market promotions.
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: solicitor’s permit required from the NYS Liquor Authority. Valid driver’s license.
· Mathematical Skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Other Qualifications: must have excellent communication and people skills in order to be able to respond to any situation. Must be outgoing and comfortable initiating conversation with unknown individuals in the general public.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. On rare occasions the incumbent may have to push, pull, move a keg weighing up to 165 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside seasonal weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment varies and may frequently be loud. The incumbent will be expected to execute programs in crowded public venues.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Marketing Communications: 2 years (Required)
License: Driver’s License; must be able to obtain solicitor’s permit (Required)