|The Business Analyst will have experience in information technology and advanced administrative skills. Outstanding Business Analyst understand key business performance metrics and act as a liaison between Information Services and all departments to ensure said departments business needs are fulfilled.
|Essential Functions (must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Assist Information Services Department in achieving departmental goals.
- Facilitate the successful completion of operational objectives within all departments
- Maximize productivity and communication within all departments to promote new and improved methods and operating procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize information technology as an enabling tool to achieve process improvements
- Process daily/weekly/monthly data entry transactions
- Maintain product “pricing” (incl. discounts, rebates, cost, price set-up) accuracy and integrity
- Provide ad hoc support for unplanned end-user requests
- Maintain customer account information (new and existing accounts) according to defined company standards
- Effectively communicate with all levels of personnel (internal/external) to enable effective translation and execution of customer needs/requirements
- Recommends and develops plans for systems development and operations, hardware and software purchases
- Assist with Month-end procedures; process and electronically distribute month-end reports
- Provide general data support for VIP applications
- Set up new users for all our VIP applications
- Provide backup support for internal staff including Network Analysts
- Subject matter Expert for Mobility, Karma, VIP and IDIG systems
- Ensure accuracy of all incoming orders and EDI transactions
- Maintain all supplier interfaces including Budnet, SRS, AB Marketing
- Software support for EDI interfaces such as FINTECH, TERMSYNC, Walmart RETAILLINK, General EDI
- General support to legacy systems including updates and version control
- Sit on multiple internal committees to ensure both IS needs are represented and interdepartmental needs are fulfilled
|To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, handle multiple projects including during deadline periods; being a self-starter as well as a team player; having excellent verbal and written communication skills. The requirements noted below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in information services, business administration or similar preferred.
- Previous experience in information services or a similar role.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Self-starter, takes initiates to drive momentum and accomplish tasks, team player, strong technical capacity
- Experience with industry software such as Microsoft products.
- Advanced knowledge of administrative recordkeeping.
- Familiarity with sales reports and sales records.
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
- Ability to stand for 45-60 minutes for company presentations.
|Works in an indoor office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.