The Accounts Payable Specialist processes invoices and issues payments, monitors Vendors outstanding balances and ensures all invoices are accounted for at month end. Additionally, the person will handle some clerical and month end accounting tasks.
The successful candidate will:
- Successfully complete the first 90 days of training with a review from the Corporate Controller to address accuracy and efficiency of work performed
- Participate in companies morale building initiative and complete a successful 90 day onboarding period with an assigned mentor
Essential Functions (must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
· Enters, proofs and posts invoices to A/P ledger for various companies.
· Product invoices, match receivers and bill of lading prior to payment.
· Prints A/P checks for various vendors/companies.
· Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
· Is able to pull “back-up” for checks. Processes A/P checks, mails checks, files back-up in A/P filing system.
· Capable of researching and answering vendor inquiries pertaining to invoices paid and correspond with vendors as necessary to resolve issues as necessary.
· Ensures all invoices are accounted for at month end.
· Assist in the preparation of monthly/yearly accruals of inventory and expenses.
· Assist all members of Finance Department with special assignments as assigned.
· Answer phones, order office supplies, and distribute mail.
The successful candidate will be:
· Detail oriented
· Maintain a positive attitude
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Possess time management skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Associates degree in Business or Accounting or relevant experience.
· Two or more years’ experience in accounting, Accounts payable a plus.
· Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
· Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel spreadsheets.
· Knowledge of On Base a plus.
· Computer literacy including e-mail, internet, database inquiry and updating.
· Ability to verbally communicate clearly and effectively.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Works in an indoor, climate controlled office setting.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 – $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance